Empowering Others to Make
Informed Choices for their Families
Schedule a Consultation

Child Support Attorneys in Greenville, South Carolina

According to the law, providing for a child is the responsibility of both parents, even if one is no longer the primary care provider. Temple & Mann is well-practiced in reaching a child support agreement (between two separated or currently separating parents) that work in the interest of the child's well-being. The agreements we come to are meant to set forward a plan that ensures your children receive the same level of comfort and quality of life they had prior to the divorce. This includes proper access to healthy food, clothing, and healthcare. Contact our firm today if you live in Greenville, SC, or the surrounding area and want to make sure that your children get the support to which they are entitled.

Child Support Lawyer in South Carolina

You have been responsible for your child's welfare since birth. Divorce doesn't mean that responsibility ends. It merely changes how the money to support your child is handled. If you have questions about child support, the team at Temple & Mann is ready to answer them.

Establish a Fair
Child Support Plan

Schedule a Consultation Today

Making Amendments to Your Agreement

The decision made by the court in regards to your child support agreement stands until you file a legal amendment. These amendments can be filed for a variety of reasons, mostly taking into account the fluctuations in the income of the payer or unforeseen necessities, such as increased health care requirements. Contact us if you want to amend your child support agreement for any of the following reasons:

  • Unable to Support Your Children

  • Former Spouse Greatly Increases Income

  • Not All Financial Information Was Initially Disclosed

How Is Child Support Calculated?

South Carolina's General Assembly enacted child support guidelines in 1989. These guidelines are based on the share of each parent's income that would have been spent on the children if the family had remained in a single household. The state supplies a child support calculator on its website that will give you a general idea of what to expect. To get a more accurate picture, however, you should consult one of our family law attorneys.

Modifying Child Support

If you have a change in job status - you've been laid off, for instance - and you now earn significantly less than you did when the divorce was finalized, you can request a modification to your child support order. Similarly, if you have been injured or have developed a medical condition since the support was ordered that prevents you from working, you can seek a modification. South Carolina courts do not take modification requests lightly. It's best to have a qualified lawyer by your side when you enter the courtroom.

Questions? Contact Us.

Children are often caught in the crossfire of divorce. It's not their fault that you and your spouse no longer have feelings for each other. When you want to set up child support for your children, give us a call. We'll make sure you - and they - are treated right. Reach out to us today!